Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Atlantic Hearts Sketch 380 Challenge

Hi Friends,

I had some issues with scheduled posts, and the post reverting to previous drafts so I thought I would run a little test post. Bear with me if anything strange happens!

I thought this week I would use a sketch for some inspiration, and I would love if people would join in playing. This one if from the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge who post new sketches weekly to help people get crafty.


Since I already had some of Close to My Heart's featured paper pack of the month open on my desk (Timber), I thought I would use a little of it. If you would like more inspiration, stay tuned for this month's Cross Canada Blog Hop on August 10th. Also keep in mind that this is the last month for not only the current 2019/2020 Core Catty, but also the Seasonal Catty that this paper is from. Make sure you order soon if you have anything left on your wish list!

If you have been following me lately on Facebook/ Instagram (@colleenscraftyconstructions) you will probably have noticed that I haven't been into creating scrapbook layouts, so this is another card. It uses CTMH Value pack cards as the base, and then all sorts of flannel papers. Initially I had in some wood grain paper instead of the plain brown, but a little bit more texture was needed to balance out all the intense patterns. 


I wasn't super excited about this paper initially, so I didn't purchase any of the coordinating stamp sets since I couldn't see myself getting a lot of use from them. Instead I used the "Channel the flannel" sticker from the coordinating sticker sheet, so this card is pretty masculine but still suitable for a variety of occasions. 

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Dena J said...

Excellent masculine card! I also have a dear P.E.O. sister who makes everything plaid who would adore it♥ The texture on the brown/tan panel is perfect for showcasing the plaids. Thank you so much for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

Tracy F said...

I love your masculine card! I can almost feel all the texture! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches.

Brandi said...

I love it! Such a fun card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca