Saturday, April 25, 2009

Beary Box 23 Entries

Hi all,

I hope everyone is having a great week. Mine was super busy trying to finish up cards for a charity auction I was organizing, as well as trying to finish gathering items from sponsors and making sure people showed up. I am really disappointed at what my cards sold for actually, but oh well, I know they went to good homes (my Mom, and 2 friends) and I do know that if they would have paid more if the bidding had made it further.... just not a lot of people into handmade crafts I guess.

So today was another round of Crop 4 Cancer which is an all day, 16 hour crop!! I missed some of it for my sister's birthday dinner, and of course I was so not ready to be up and out of the house for 8am this morning after the fundraiser last night!

At the crop today I made a card and 2 layouts, one of which is for the contest. I was really not anywhere near as productive as I had hoped, due in part to an epic battle with a Cricket machine. I am pretty sure the Cricket won.
So my card for this week is using a super cute stamp that reminds me of my 2 great aunts who used to swim everyday in the summer, bathing caps under the chin and all. They would then join us for cocktail hour. I coloured in the image with my watercolour pencils, and there are some glossy accents on the glasses (both drink and sun) to give them some oomph. I obviously needed to use a drink brad in the center of my flower as well. I didn't want my sentiment to be too overpowering, so I put it on acrylic and used drink eyelets to hold it in place.


My LO for this week is of my gorgeous neice and I earlier this year. I used some CTMH flourish stamps as accents and had some matching chipboard and paper that I got at Michael's that I obviously can't remember the brand of and am way to lazy to go look up. I have a little bit of bling for accents, and did some stippling on the matting to give it some depth. sorry that it is sort of at a weird angle.


Thanks for looking, love to hear your comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cute card...love it and I know what you mean by saying people dont pay for handcrafted stuff...sad really especially when it goes to a good course

love your Blog by the way :)

Kristen H said...

I love those bathing beauties. So funny, I laughed! I hear you too about people not wanting to pay for handmade. It's sad. My mom makes tons of crafts, like Swedish Weaving and works on a piece for months and can barely get her material cost for the blankets. It is so sad.
I had fun checking out your blog, I came in retaliation to you coming to mine. I had a lot of fun. Loved it all!