Thursday, September 8, 2011

Quick Cards with Fabu Stamps

Hi All,




I went back to school today... so I am not firing on all cylinders right now, so this may be cornier than normal, in case the title didn't give it away.



So my latest addiction is most definately my amazing new stamps from Sweet Pea Stamps. I can't wait to be able to order more. I have two cards to show you, but I am way to lazy to figure out what plate and the names of the stamps. They are unmounted red rubber so they don't have anything written on them. I really love the inspiration that you can get from the painted illustrations that are the displays.

Both cards were made using random papers that I found out of my pile so my apologies for that... it is all super old so odds are you wouldn't be able to find it anyway! I do however know that the flowers for both are from Prima, the lace strip is from Hero Arts and the first card has some Glimmer mist on it. I coloured both images using watercolour pencils and a waterbrush which for some reason they look really gross in these pictures and I don't know why. The first card is very well bright. It is for my cousin who is turning 2 in a few weeks. I wanted to make lots of layers and textures to appeal to her.


(Chingchou Kuik's Kimono Butterfly Mermaid)


I really like this second card. I was trying to get away from my typical super girly colours. I think it turned out really well, she is sexy. The background paper has embossed sections and makes me happy. If you look really closely there is a strip of pearls down the black divide on the left.


(Ching Chou Kuik's Silk Dance)



Go check out Sweet Pea, and buy one for you and one for me! Nap time for Colleen!

No comments: