Thursday, January 10, 2019

January 2019 Cross Canada Blog Hop- Something Fierce

Welcome to our January Blog Hop featuring artwork created using SOMETHING FIERCE collection. To purchase any of the items seen in our blog hop today, contact your local consultant to place an order.

We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you… now on to our hop! If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you want to follow us across Canada then please start at the beginning and join Michelle. If you came from Michelle  then you are in the right place! Stop #2!!

I am learning to use watermarks, so please bear with me and feel free to use leave some constructive criticism! I LOVE the fantastic dinosaur paper, and had pictures needing to be scrapped from the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Alberta. So off I went with the Something Fierce Paper and Compliments. I have also starred out the face of the sweet baby with my that day since she is not mine to flaunt. I started with pattern 27 from Make it From Your Heart Vol 3. My pictures didn't totally fit with that, so I rotated the larger picture, and added the picture of the museum sign as a main title. I then layered up some of the fun stickers, chipboard shapes and some of the new pieces from the cut apart sheets.



 Did you know that instead of Picture my life cards (which I did use 1 of that I had out...) we now have cut apart accent sheets. It adds a little more versatility, and they have a nice border on them so are super forgiving to cut. You know my hate of fussy cutting, but they were ok. There is also a pattern on the opposite side, so if you don't want to cut, no problem. Odds are this is going to lead to some super strange franken-pages from me later, so please stay tuned for that!

I am loving the colours in this pack, and the little dots are so great as a background. I don't know if you can see the dino foot prints on the vertical piece under the picture below, but I hope you can, they are adorable.

I kept pretty tight to the theme of dino's, but this paper pack is so cute it could be used for so many things. I am sure the other people you are about to visit are going to show you some great ideas to help with this. Your next stop on the Cross Canada Hop is the fabulous Nicky at Simply Artistic,. If you get lost along the way, you can head to Michelle S Blog,  as she has the complete blog list.


Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to get creative using some of the designs, products and techniques seen along the way. We hope you will join us again next month when we will be featuring artwork using the "I Heart US!"collection. So mark February 10th on your calendars and hop along with us.

6 comments:

Diana said...

Nice layouts!

Michelle Stewart said...

Great use of the collection.

Brandi said...

Love it, works perfectly with your pictures!

Emily said...

A perfect way to preserve those memories!

PaperDragonFleur said...

Great layouts!

kanatanewf said...

Fabulous layouts to capture those memories!