Thursday, May 20, 2021

Canadian Blog Hop: May/ June Catalogue Release

 Welcome to our May Blog Hop featuring artwork created using new and fabulous products found in our current catalog. To purchase any of the items seen in our blog hop today, contact your local consultant to place an order.

We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn how to do....by leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like, and what you want to see. Thank you… now on to our hop!
If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you want to start at the beginning join Michelle. If you came from Brae at "The Brae-er" then you
I am currently obsessed with the "You Are Enough" Paper and butterflies from the National Scrapbooking Month. The papers are stunning with beautiful patterns, and gorgeous rose gold accents. The only thing I still desired is a solid rose gold foil sheet to cut a title out of, but the sticker sheet is still pretty great. Add on my ongoing obsession with hexagons, and anyone who has been following me on Instagram will not be surprised to see this layout... other than the fact I haven't done a layout in forever!!

I created a 2 page layout featuring the large stitched hexagon thin cuts and wanted to create a corner border in opposite corners. I used a variety of the papers to do this, and I am not sure if you can fully appreciate this on the first picture.


There is something about the blue belle shade that attracted me , so I had to add a little more as the backing for photos. I felt like I needed a little more pattern in the back, but couldn't bring myself to cover up some of the paper. I took the stripped piece and cut it in half, so it only was in the open spaces.


I used the stickers for "Believe in Yourself" as a title. Here is a little hack if you are ever struggling with darts: use the hexagon die to do it! A square would also work, but wouldn't be as wide. I finished things off with the rose gold stickers, the butterfly sequins and 3 die cut butterflies.


The bonus card I made was a slim card, with more hexagons  for my amazing grandmother for mothers day. Similar products and techniques.


Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you love this paper as much as I do!

Your next stop on the Canadian Blog Hop is Kim at Scrappin With Heart . If you get lost along the way, you can head to Michelle S Blog, as she has the complete blog list.
Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to get creative using some of the designs, products and techniques seen along the way. We hope you will join us again for our next hop, July 20th

5 comments:

Kim Loewen said...

This is a great layout and the card is amazing. I love the use of the stitched hexagons.

Brae said...

Very pretty page and card- loving this paper too!

Joanne Glasbergen said...

Love your layout and yes, I love hexagon's too. I love your card. I was thinking of doing something like this too but it was just not coming to me. I may have to use your card as an example, lol.

Brandi said...

Fabulous layout, I love the hexagons!

Heather Steeves said...

Those hexagons are fantastic!