Friday, September 21, 2012

Mmmwahahahhahahaha... but Cuter

Well fine, I am a big nerd. In case you didn't know... Anyways I got these great new stamps from There She Goes Stamps,http://www.tsgstamps.com/Cutie_Pi_p/cutie-pi.htm the set is called Cutie Pi (I KNOW!!). I bought them because they have a Pi symbol on it but love the rest of them. So I thought I would concoct a little solution with some of the other cool things I have in my stash right now. Just a plain grey cardstock background, but to spice it up a little I did some first and second generation stamping with CTMH's Lagoon ink. The solid turquoise glitter paper (yep,  it exists thanks to American Crafts, it is called AC duotone Glitter paper... in this case Aqua) was surprisingly easy to cut with scissors. I traced around the outside of my spellbinder's die to get a small border. The stripey paper is from my Mind's Eye "My favorite things" paper pad (also contains mustache paper by the way...). This cutie is stamped on CTMH paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and heat set because well I have no patience or ability to plan my creative spurts. I also stamped out the beaker set  and the "According to my calculations UR the BOMB" Sentiment. I wanted to carry the glitter forward and add a little something to what she was stamped on, so I used my CTMH ultrafine glue and some Glitter Ritz to make a border. Just put on the glue and leave to dry for 5 minutes, then you can just rub the glitter on with your finger. Almost no mess for the win.


Now for the down and dirty deets for the colours. It is a combination of copics and Sakura Jelly Roll Pens.
Skin E11, E02, E00
Beakers/ Goggles C1, C2, C3
Hair E13, E15, E18
Clothes/Shoes B02, B04, B06
Beaker (in Hand) YR04,YR07, YR09

Other Beaker Fluids, hair bobbles and some details on shoes are with Jelly Rolls (you know for the added depth of glitter without the work)

I then fussy cut the beakers, threw some pop dots on things and then whacked the whole thing together. I tried to group a few beakers together to create some flow from the sentiment across the image. Then for some added depth I added some Liquid Glass (CTMH order #Z679) on all of the beakers and the lenses of her goggles.

Hope you like it.



No comments: