Monday, August 22, 2011

Viva Las Vegastamps DT Call





I am really excited about this dt call. I love Viva Las Vegastamps and actually would like to visit Las Vegas not because of the gambling (which I don't do) or the drinking (which I don't partake in) but because this store looks amazing!! I literally own 3 pounds of their stamps!! There is a picture of them covering our chest freezer from a while back. For this call I picked 2 of the stamps that I use the most and made cards out of them. I couldn't narrow it down, but if I had to pick one to submit, it would be number 2.


Ok so card number one is this beautiful little dress on a hanger. I thought it only fitting that VLVS be warned about my love for glitter, so I used my spellbinders and cut out a little background of sookwang tape on cardstock and covered it with a purple Glitter Ritz. The patterned paper is from Close to my Heart's Sweetheart package, with the lace and flower ribbon coming from their pink package.






The white flowers are from Prima Marketing, and the flat white flower is from CTMH as well. The pin is from Making Memories.





As goes on the back of most of my cards, another fabulous VLVS!!





Card number two is a twisted easel card that uses a lovely 20's flapper lady. It looks way harder than it actually is to make. Cut your cardstock and make your normal center fold, then just score a diagonal that makes you happy on the front (I used 45 degrees, so corner to corner). This will be your twisty fold. You then make a shape that makes you smile on the front, I used one from the new Close to my Heart Cricuit cartridge in 5 and 4.5 inches, but there are many dies available for that particular shape. It is important that you decorate the inside of the card nicely as well, since it is ment to sit open. It is also a good idea to put something to tuck the front fold behind, it makes the card more stable. This is what the white rosette if for. I undercut the corners on a square of patterned CTMH paper and tied some ribbon around. I didn't put in a sentiment as this will be going to my friend who I will write a letter to inside.


I stamped the lady in Staz-On ink, and then used my blender pen and ink pads to colour her (please see post "You don't have to have Copics" for instructions on this). I have framed her on two ovals and surrounded that with some off-white lace. This was done by making a bead of glue around the back of the oval, and sticking the lace to it, stretching it as much as I could as I went. The patterned paper is from Close to My Heart's Mayberry collection. The ribbon is also from CTMH. The blue flowers are made using a sizzix die, and then rolled around a toothpick. They then have little decorative pins in the centers from Making Memories. The white flower is again from Prima Marketing.





I hope that you guys enjoy these and I REALLY hope that VLVS like them too!! If you would like to check out more of their projects, surf on over to their blog.

5 comments:

Rescue Diary said...

Looks awesome Colleen.. I wish I was half as talented!

Veronique said...

They are great girl ! I wish I could be as crafty as you are... You're doing an awesome job with those stamps!

darksiderollerchick said...

awesome possum, you're the stamp-man. if you were a stamp related super hero how would that go? i assume you would have a cape, but what other powers would stamping give you. well now i have something to think about while i'm at work. best wishes!

Colleen's Crafty Constructions said...

darksiderollerchick, It would allow me to colour the world then cover it in glitter. I think that will end many wars... glitter may be the herpes of the craft world but it sure brings joy!

Proxxon Tools said...

thanks for your submission for the Viva Las Vegastamps! design team...